What to expect when visiting Broadslap 2020 – the alternative year.
We will update this page with upcoming exciting events and also any relevant changes to safety information – please keep checking back.
A very different way of life.
At Broadslap, we are determined to continue offering the best produce and service that we can.
For those of you new to Broadslap we hope you will see that we have so much to offer it just looks a little different this year!
Stop press – we have some very exciting news and that is that we are going back indoors………………………….. we hope that this will be Friday 7th August but any change will be updated. (Outdoor seating will still be available)
As you would expect it will feel a little different but we will do our very best to make the experience as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. We ask you to have a read of what to expect and as ever if in doubt please do give us a call.
What to expect when you join us indoors to eat:-
- Pre bookings please (please call 01738 730776)
- We will take your details and hold these for 21 days from your booking date complying with government guidance and GDPR
- All members of staff are temperature checked every morning (we hope this may help provide a little comfort that the team at Broadslap want everyone to be safe)
- On arrival wait to be seated
- Please wear a face covering until seated and when moving throughout the building (they are not necessary whilst seated at the table)
- We are aiming to keep the 2m distancing in place but if we reduce to 1m then will make this clear
- All areas will be rigorously cleaned between visitors
- Disposable menus and no additional items on tables
- Once seated our team will talk with you to explain our process of service and obtain any further specific needs you may have
- We want everyone to stay safe and we thank you in advance for your patience through these every fluid times
- Lastly if you have COVID 19 symptoms please do not enter
The shop is now open please do go in for a look and please can we ask that from 10 July you wear a face covering.
To ensure your and our safety, we will have a new format for visitors this year, and we wish to answer some of the questions you may have before you arrive.
We are opening PYO on a pre booked system at this time, please book using the pick your own page booking system.
As usual, our fruit season starts with Strawberries and will continue through the summer with other fresh fruit including redcurrants, black currants, gooseberries, brambles and of course raspberries. Raspberries are now almost finished for the 2020 season BUT still pick your own for the other fruits, if in doubt please ask.
We ask that you adhere to the social distancing and hygiene measures in place:-
• Observe 2m distancing rules throughout the farm
• Use the one way systems as indicated both getting to the tunnels, within the tunnels and coming back from the tunnels.
• Use Broadslap baskets for picking your fruit.
• Please do not visit if you are suffering symptoms or are unwell.
• Most of all, we want you to be safe and enjoy the experience!
Service with a smile is only the start.
And it’s not just fruit; we offer TAKEAWAY too – we will have some great options to enhance your experience including:-
• Barrista coffee (now this is something we have all been waiting for)
• Hot and Cold beverages
• Homemade Meringues, Shortbread, Jams, Sauces, Honey, delicious family or individual pies, lasagnas, ice-creams and much much more.
• Fruit & Vegetable Boxes and Broadslap Homemade treats box.
Please come and PYO, pick up a coffee, cake or a lite bite for lunch.
Take away your supper ready to heat, add your fruit – the perfect conclusion to a fun-filled day.
We look forward to welcoming you this 2020.